Here’s a recipe for yummy, chocolaty-yet-healthy cupcakes that are Low Carb, High Protein, Flour-Free and Delicious! They’re a perfect, small and balanced meal that fits in your bag. A great pre- or post-workout snack!
- 1 (15 oz) can of black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 a large ripe avocado
- 1 tablespoon melted coconut oil
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/3 cup finely shredded coconut
- 1/3 cup cacao nibs (substitute real chocolate chips if you’re feeling daring)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a muffin tray.
- Place all ingredients into blender or food processor. Puree until ingredients form a smooth batter.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out somewhat clean and top of the brownies begin to crack. Cool pan on wire rack.
Feel free to add nuts, seeds or dried fruit bits.