Breakfast is my favourite meal of the day; I look forward to it the moment I wake up. But when you rise at the crack of dawn, making a healthy and filling meal can sometimes seem too time consuming.
Here‘s a fast and easy smoothie recipe that’s super delicious, gluten free and vegetarian. With 26 grams of protein and nearly 80% of the fibre you need for the day, it’ll fill you up and provide you with long-lasting energy.
- 1/2 frozen chopped banana
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1/4 cup walnuts, soaked overnight
- 1/4 cup plain, full fat Greek yogurt
- 2 Tbsp peanut butter
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp maple syrup (optional)
- (add a bit of milk or water to taste if you prefer your smoothie a bit less thick)
Let me know how you like this recipe, or suggest one of your own. And enjoy!