Looking for an easy, healthy whole-food snack? Look no further! These tasty treats are flour-and added sugar-free, and high in protein and fiber. They are the perfect pre- or post-workout fuel and can be made at home in under 45 minutes. Best of all, they’re delicious!
1 1/4 cups whole almond meal (I like Bob’s Red Mill brand, available at Choices Markets.)
1/2 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
1/4 cup cacao nibs
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp sea salt
A pinch of powdered Stevia leaf (optional, for added sweetness)
1 very ripe banana
1 tsp vanilla
2 tbsp melted coconut oil
- Mix the first 6 ingredients together.
- Mix the rest of the ingredients in a separate bowl.
- Blend both mixtures together and refrigerate for 30 min or overnight.
- Roll into teaspoon sized balls and flatten with the back of a spoon. Place on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
- Bake in a preheated 375 degree oven for 8-10 min.