Who can resist a chewy, delicious chocolate chip cookie? Not me! And we don’t need to anymore, thanks to my friend and subscriber Karen Cattell (who always has the best cookie recipes!)
March is National Nutrition Month, and to celebrate I’ll be posting my favourite healthy recipes for you to enjoy.
This one has no flour, no gluten and no white sugar — plus it’s completely vegan if you use maple syrup. I followed the recipe precisely and the result was so delicious, I had to restrain myself from eating all the batter. Thanks for the recipe Karen!
Karen’s Chewy Chickpea Chocolate Chip Gluten Free Cookies
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips (Presidents Choice Decadent – does not contain milk)
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 TBSP vanilla
- 1/3 cup maple syrup (or 1/4 cup honey)
- 1/2 cup + 2 TBSP natural peanut butter
- 1 can chickpeas
- Preheat oven to 350. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Put all ingredients except chocolate chips in a food processor or mash with a fork until smooth and creamy. Transfer to a bowl and stir in chocolate chips.
- Use a tablespoon to scoop into balls and place on cookie sheet. Press down with a fork.
- Bake 20-25 min.
Got a healthy recipe you’d like to share? Leave a comment below or get in touch!